Saturday, January 11, 2014

First Impressions: Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics

This is seriously the most excited I've been in quite some time! My really awesome friend Jessica and her Mom, Susan gave me a TON of Lush products to try! Jessica is seriously one of the most giving, generous people I have ever met. Every time I leave her house she sends me home with something. That something being a coffee table, food, a lamp, cloth diaper, beauty products, baby clothes... the list goes on and on. I am extremely thankful to have someone like her in my life, she is always looking out for me and it really means a lot. I would never have gotten to try Lush before if it weren't for her, so thanks so much lady! :)

Lush is known for their fresh, vegan, and cruelty-free cosmetic items. They only use organic fruits and veggies, essential oils, and safe synthetic ingredients. The use very little packaging which is awesome for the environment, some of the packaging is biodegradable, and they even recycle their own containers. When you bring back 5 clean Lush pots they will give you a free fresh face mask! Pretty cool! This company has way too many awesome beliefs and practices too name so go check them out for yourself HERE! 

Here are the awesome products I am so lucky to try out! 


 It's a TON of stuff! Jessica you seriously rock! Spa night here I come. :)


These are all Fresh face masks, they have to be refrigerated and Lush recommends that you use them within 3 weeks. 

Catastrophe Cosmetic- calms and cleanses the skin, this smells really good, very earthy and has a faint smell of blueberries!

Oatfix- cools and nourishes skin, this smells AMAZING!, smells like oatmeal, vanilla, and almonds, they should really make this scent in candle form it is delicious! 

BB Seaweed- cleanses and softens, this kind of smells like celery to me... weird I know, but I do enjoy the scent! 

Cosmetic Warrior- cleanses and soothes troubled skin, I am not a fan of the scent, it smells like tea tree oil with a whole bunch of other stuff going on, but I am definitely still going to use this bad boy!

Rudolph- soothing, calming, and balancing, I am not a huge fan of the scent either, smells like mint and is also very herbal, can't really describe this one very well, we shall see how this works!


The next two pictures are close ups of everything in the first picture.


Buffy- this is an exfoliating body butter with ground rice, almonds and beans and it reveals brighter and fresher looking skin. You do not need to use lotion after the shower when using this bar because it moisturizes your skin as well!

Magic Wand Bubble Bar- this is for miss Eva B, you run it under the bath water while the tub is filling up and it turns the water pink and makes tons and tons of BUBBLES! Bubbles are one of Eva's most favorite things, this smells amazing... almost like bubblegum and it will make your whole bathroom smell delightful! Eva absolutely loves this, we have used it twice now and I see us getting at least 3 or 4 more baths out of it.

FUN What a softy!- this is like playdoh but for the tub! This is for Eva, and you can use it to wash you kids body, hair, or crumble pieces under the running bath water to make bubbles. This smells a little bit like lavender, and the wrapper is biodegradable... super cool!!!

The Olive Branch Shower gel (small black container)- this smells ahfreakinmazing. I can't really describe the scent but the website says it has olive oil and mandarin juice. Yum! 


Noriko Soap- this is a hand soap that hydrates and softens hands. The scent is absolutely beautiful, it's made with Tofu, Rice, and Sake. 

R&B Hair Moisturizer- this is a leave in conditioner for dry or curly hair and I really enjoy the scent of this. This has jasmine and orange blossom and controls frizzy, flyaway hair, softens and conditions with tons of moisture. 

Ponche Shower Gel- this is an awesome smelling shower gel, it is seriously delicious! It is described as a tequila and orange juice scent, inspired by traditional Mexican Christmas punch... can you say Tasty? hehe Tequila is my favorite liquor so I have a feeling I'm going to love this one. 

Coconut Deodorant Powder- this is made with micro-fine powders and calming essential oils to keep you dry and smelling like a tropical cocktail! It smells awesome, like the beach, but I am a little iffy about this one. I hope it works! You just sprinkle the powder into your hands and apply it to your pits... hehehe we shall see! Sounds interesting. If all else fails, I see this working as a great dry shampoo. 

Snow Fairy Shower Gel- this shower gel smells like straight up bubble gum and sugar, and has little tiny sparkles! It is so girly and fun, Eva is going to love it and the smell is quite delightful! 

I am so excited to get to try this stuff out! I will make sure to post reviews as I finish up the products!

xoxo,
Jackie 





No comments:

Post a Comment